At AmTote, innovation drives us to create dynamic digital experiences in the horse racing and gaming industry. AmTote is the leading technology & services provider to the North American pari-mutuel wagering market, possessing the broadest worldwide hosts integration for commingled pari-mutuel & fixed odds wagering systems. AmTote has aggressively evolved from its longstanding position as the preeminent totalisator company to a full racing & gaming technology, software house, product innovation, and professional services firm. In doing so, AmTote remains dedicated to facilitating the growth and success of the global racing industry for decades to come, through improving technology and developing increasingly innovative products geared toward the modern marketplace.
Company: AmTote International, Inc./PariMAX
Location: 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
The Database Administrator II (DBA II) is a key member of the Data Services team. This role will be involved in the maintenance, deploying and monitoring of database systems while ensuring security and a high level of data availability. This individual is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, timely solutions and services that meet the needs of Data Services and the organization. Participation by the DBA II in the full lifecycle of Data Services solutions including design, development, testing and implementation is required.
• Maintenance of the database, including persistence layer (operational data store, reporting warehouses) and oversight of hardware/software configuration.
• Continually ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure and data warehouse implementation to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements.
• Reorganize database structures as needed: Automate procedures at regular intervals; use tools to reorganize or de-fragment database table spaces, tables, and indexes; provide efficient database environment to maximize productivity and improve performance.
• Ensure database availability, performance, and supportability can meet application requirements. Ability to work with application groups to determine those requirements.
• Create, Troubleshoot and/or maintain ETL Loaders.
• Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
• Knowledge of ETL processes and tools
• Strong experience in Database Administration and experience with:
o SQL Server Database 2008R2
o SQL Server Database 2012
o SQL Server Database 2016
o SQL Server Management Studio
o SQL Server on Virtual Servers (Azure)
o PowerShell scripting skills
o SQL Server Security Practices
o Red-Gate Database Tools
o IDERA Database Monitor software
o Microsoft SharePoint 2013
• Individual must be driven, self-motivated, committed and demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot in challenging situations.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 3+ years’ experience with database administration of large-scale mission critical databases including troubleshooting.
• 3+ years working in one or more ETL tools (DTS, SSIS, etc)
Interested Applicants, please submit resume’s to: Amanda.email@example.com Phone 410-785-5229 fax 410-785-5086