At AmTote, innovation drives us. We strive to create delightful digital experiences in the horse racing and gaming industry. This includes, pari-mutuel and fixed-odds wagering, casino style gaming, event booking and attendance, on-site food ordering, and loyalty and rewards programs
We need engineers who are looking to use the latest technologies for providing digital kiosk experiences.
Company: AmTote International, Inc.
Location: 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Industry: Gaming Industry/Race Tracks - Computer Software, Entertainment
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hands on Computer Engineer or Electrical Engineer to join our Hardware team and assist in various aspects of hardware development. This role will involve design and development of new products while supporting existing, to remain competitive in the world-wide market.
● Design and evaluate new computer hardware and peripherals
● Test the completed models of the computer hardware
● Analyze the test results and modify the design as needed
● Update and configure existing computer equipment so that it will work with new software
● Modify and troubleshoot device firmware
● Work with product team to ensure new designs meet requirements
● Work with hardware vendors and third parties on new design requirements
● Assist in various elements of hardware commissioning documentation including; Engineering documentation, Manufacturing documentation, Maintenance manuals, Standard operating procedures.
● Knowledge of and experience with analog and digital design are required.
● Experience in embedded systems design
● Demonstrated understanding and experience integrating and programming Microchip PIC family and/or similar microcontrollers
● Experience with MLPAB X IDE for PIC firmware
● Familiar with embedded communications standards (SPI, I2C, UART, RS-XXX, USB, Bluetooth etc.)
● Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming language.
● Microsoft C# .NET, VB, SQL programming are a plus.
● Knowledge and experience with analog, digital and embedded systems design, development, test engineering, and manufacturing.
● Ability to read hardware block diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Must be capable of thoroughly documenting complex system designs.
● Knowledge of PCB schematic and layout tools
● Basic computer skills, including Microsoft suite; Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio etc.
● Must be passionate about solving problems
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
● BS in CE or EE with 1+ yrs of experience.
0-5 years’ experience
Interested Applicants, please submit resume’s to:
Amanda.Bridgeforth@amtote.com phone 410-785-5229 fax 410-785-5086