At AmTote, innovation drives us. We strive to create delightful digital experiences in the horse racing and gaming industry. This includes, pari-mutuel and fixed-odds wagering, casino style gaming, event booking and attendance, on-site food ordering, and loyalty and rewards programs
Company: AmTote International, Inc.
Location: 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Industry: Gaming Industry/Race Tracks - Computer Software, Entertainment
AmTote International is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to implement/manage (or build) a test automation framework for a mobile software project. The incumbent will analyze mobile application requirements, implement or develop a test automation strategy, and build automated acceptance tests as part of an AGILE SAFe software engineering team. The QA Engineer will spend most of their time “building tests”, not “testing builds manually” although some manual testing may be required due to the nature of mobile devices; this is predominately an engineering position, not a manual testing position (think 80% automation development/20% manual testing).
Beyond development, the QA Engineer will serve as the quality advocate for the team, vetting requirements during design, breaking other engineers’ designs and code via tests, and defining quality-related metrics by which to measure the code/feature base. QA Engineers also assist with stylistic and design decisions, and collaborate with application engineers, product managers, stakeholders, designers, etc. as part of a communal development team. The Quality Engineer reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
If you have an attention to details and are driven to ensure an excellent gaming experience, we want to hear from you. Throughout AmTote we have satisfied employees, offer a positive work environment, encourage training & development and we have a strong team spirit giving employees a sense of unity.
• Serve as the Quality expert and enforce Quality processes and procedures as an embedded mobile testing engineer on a Product team.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for front-end features (ios, android, mobile web applications, and websites directly).
• Vet designs for usability and compliance pre-development; wear the end user hat and ask intelligent questions/write solid test cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities, including assisting the team with development estimates and release cadence.
• Design, develop and execute automated test suites (acceptance, performance, regression, load, compliance, security, and other suites) for mobile devices and web front-ends.
• Identify, record, document and track bugs from inception through fix release.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. designers and product managers) to identify new system requirements in addition to vetting user stories during design/prototyping.
• Debug production issues and reproduce said issues in staging/pre-prod environments.
• Track quality assurance metrics (like feature test coverage, open defect counts, production error rates, etc.).
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• An unrelenting attention to detail and best in class communication skills.
• A “test to break” mentality; usability, security, and stability and compatibility are guiding principles for the front-end team.
• A degree of patience; mobile testing can be tricky!
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance, specifically automated test development for mobile and web end points.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Experience with white/clear/black box testing.
• Experience with mobile device testing.
• Experience working in an AGILE development process.
• Possess a positive, collaborative, and forward-thinking attitude; improve the status quo via quality standards!
• Experience developing and debugging mobile applications (ADB, Xcode, PWA’s, and other mobile tooling/formats).
• Experience with Appium, Robotium, Google Firebase Test Lab, jest, or other mobile testing frameworks/paradigms.
• Experience testing web application front ends/websites; web design experience a large plus.
• Experience with automation paradigms for web applications (Selenium, Cucumber, Typescript, WATIR, or similar).
• Experience with compliance testing on front ends (508, WCAG 2.0, or similar).
• Experience with UI/UX testing/vetting; a background in design is a plus.
• Experience with distributed source control (Git, Mercurial, or similar).
• Experience using Visual Studio, TFS and Microsoft Test Manager.
• Experience managing "lots” of test hardware/devices.
• Game industry experience a large plus.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Interested Applicants, please submit resume’s to:
firstname.lastname@example.org phone 410-785-5252 fax 410-785-5086