AmTote is the leading technology & services provider to the North American pari-mutuel wagering market, possessing the broadest worldwide hosts integration for commingled pari-mutuel & fixed odds wagering systems. AmTote has aggressively evolved from its longstanding position as the preeminent totalisator company to a full racing & gaming technology, software house, product innovation, and professional services firm. In doing so, AmTote remains dedicated to facilitating the growth and success of the global racing industry for decades to come, through improving technology and developing increasingly innovative products geared toward the modern marketplace.
Company: AmTote International, Inc.
Location: 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Industry: Gaming Industry/Race Tracks - Computer Software, Entertainment
Position: Full-Time Permanent
Experience: 3-7 years
Shift : Monday-Friday 1st shift
Benefits: Full benefit package upon 90 Day Waiting Period
Salary: Compensation based on experience and qualifications
Travel: 10% Travel
AmTote International is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test, React (SDET) to implement/manage (or build) a test automation framework for a React-based software project. The incumbent will analyze application requirements, implement or develop a test automation strategy, and build automated acceptance tests as part of an AGILE SAFe software engineering team. The SDET will spend most of their time “building tests”, not “testing builds manually” although some manual testing may be required due to the mobile components of the project; this is predominately an engineering position, not a manual testing position (think 80% automation development/20% manual testing).
Beyond development the SDET will serve as the quality advocate for the team, vetting requirements during design, breaking other engineers’ designs and code via tests, and defining quality-related metrics by which to measure the code/feature base. SDET's also assist with stylistic and design decisions, and collaborate with application engineers, product managers, stakeholders, designers, etc. as part of a communal & cross-functional development team. The SDET reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
If you have an attention to detail and are driven to ensure an excellent gaming experience, we want to hear from you. Throughout AmTote we have satisfied employees, offer a positive work environment, encourage training & development and we have a strong team spirit giving employees a sense of unity.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the quality expert and enforce quality assurance/control processes and procedures as an embedded test engineer on a cross-functional product team.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for front-end features (predominately React websites, with some mobile web/progressive web application support as well).
• Vet designs for usability and compliance pre-development; wear the end user hat and ask intelligent questions/write solid test cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities, including assisting the team with development estimates and release cadence.
• Design, develop and execute automated test suites (acceptance, performance, regression, load, compliance, security, and other suites) for the web and mobile-web front-ends.
• Identify, record, document and track bugs from inception through fix release.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. designers, product managers, other product engineering teams) to identify new system requirements in addition to vetting user stories during design/prototyping.
• Debug production issues, and reproduce said issues in staging/pre-prod environments.
• Track quality assurance metrics (like feature test coverage, open defect counts, production error rates, etc.).
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• The ability to write code! All candidates will go through a simple application coding exercise and code review session with the team.
• Experience developing or implementing automated testing frameworks for React projects.
• Experience testing API’s in a headless fashion.
• An unrelenting attention to detail and best in class communication skills.
• A “test to break” mentality; usability, security, stability and compatibility are guiding principles for the front end team.
• A degree of patience; web and mobile-web testing can be tricky!
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance, specifically automated test development for mobile and web end points.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Experience with white/clear/black box testing.
• Experience working in an AGILE development process.
• Possess a positive, collaborative, and forward-thinking attitude; improve the status quo via quality standards!
• Experience with JEST is a huge, huge, huge, plus.
• Experience developing and debugging mobile applications (ADB, Xcode, PWA’s, and other mobile tooling/formats).
• Experience with mobile device testing.
• Experience with Appium, Robotium, XCUITest, Google Firebase Test Lab, or other mobile testing frameworks/paradigms.
• Experience testing web application front ends/websites; web design experience a large plus.
• Experience with automation paradigms for web applications (Selenium, Cucumber, Typescript, WATIR, or similar).
• Experience with compliance testing on front ends (508, WCAG 2.0, or similar).
• Experience with UI/UX testing/vetting; a background in design is a plus.
• Experience with distributed source control (Git, Mercurial, or similar).
• Experience using Atlassian stack (Jira/Confluence).
• Experience managing "lots” of test hardware/devices.
• Game industry experience a large plus.
CAREER LEVEL REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred, however any applicant that can demonstrate core CS coding principles will be considered.
Interested Applicants, please submit Salary Requirements, Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AmTote International, 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
** Solicitations by Recruiters are not permitted **