At AmTote, innovation drives us to create dynamic digital experiences in the horse racing and gaming industry. AmTote is the leading technology & services provider to the North American pari-mutuel wagering market, possessing the broadest worldwide hosts integration for commingled pari-mutuel & fixed odds wagering systems. AmTote has aggressively evolved from its longstanding position as the preeminent totalisator company to a full racing & gaming technology, software house, product innovation, and professional services firm. In doing so, AmTote remains dedicated to facilitating the growth and success of the global racing industry for decades to come, through improving technology and developing increasingly innovative products geared toward the modern marketplace.
As a valued Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in helping to drive new analysis in an industry hungry to receive it. If you have a strong attention to detail and are passionate about developing new skills in an exciting and established industry, we want to hear from you.
Company: AmTote International, Inc.
Location: 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Dept: Information Management
Business intelligence, data analytics and technology innovation are at the core of what differentiates us in a large industry that is ripe for disruption. We have vast databases of information that we are leveraging to provide services and analysis across our internal and external customer landscape. Thus, we are looking for a Data Analyst who can add some mental horsepower to solve complex problems, including:
• End-to-end reporting and business intelligence infrastructure to improve existing business processes and support the launch of new projects.
• The design and development of metrics, analysis and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
• Build automated reports/dashboards to share results with stakeholders on a periodic basis (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
• Combine, filter and reconcile data from multiple sources into new tables/views for reporting; Support building of basic ETLs and stored procedures if necessary.
• Build SQL views and run complex queries for reporting and business intelligence.
• Help build and maintain key performance indicators.
• Analyze large data sets using statistical techniques to identify trends or patterns.
• Assist in building and maintaining models, analyses and reports for external customers.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to prioritize, plan and implement their information and analytics needs.
• Engage with external customers in support of their reporting and analysis needs.
• Retrospect and identify new process improvement opportunities to take the team to the next level.
• 3-5 years’ experience
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency and extensive experience with SQL.
• Passion for rigorous analytical techniques and for connecting analytics to business ROI (i.e. not just what the data shows but why it’s important and what the next steps should be).
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using tools for analyzing and reporting a plus (for example, Periscope, Excel, R, SPSS/SAS).
• Knowledge of a scripting programming language like Python a plus.
• Great communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts/ideas in front of both technical and non-technical people.
• Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently to dive deep and solve tough problems.
• Propensity to seek out, accept and integrate feedback professionally.
• Self-motivated, quick/continuous learner with a passion for innovation
• BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Information Management or Business Administration.
Interested Applicants, please submit resume’s to: Cindy.email@example.com phone 410-785-5157 fax 410-785-5086