At AmTote, innovation drives us. We strive to create delightful digital experiences in the horse racing and gaming industry. This includes, pari-mutuel and fixed-odds wagering, casino style gaming, event booking and attendance, on-site food ordering, and loyalty and rewards programs
Company: AmTote International, Inc.
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Industry: Gaming Industry/Race Tracks - Computer Software, Entertainment
The Enterprise Team will help define how all the Stronach Group companies develop technology in our nextgen platform. The roles of the members of the enterprise team are varied and the most important qualification is strong problem solving skills. Our new architecture uses an industry standard microservice architecture to offer our services to integration partners. Our team will help to define which tools and frameworks the entire organization uses to develop technology. Sometimes you will act in a DevOps role, creating the systems that build and deploy our software. Sometimes you’ll be writing NodeJS microservices utilizing gRPC/protobuf/RESTful JSON to expose our companies’ systems to the world. Sometimes you might be building an administrative front end in ReactJS.
● Strong problem solving skills especially in using open source frameworks to design solutions in a
● Build gRPC/RESTful APIs that will be leveraged by internal and external resources
● Build microservice applications within a Docker/Kubernetes environment
● Practice test-driven development and write industry-standard unit tests in Jest
● Help define the frameworks used for building, testing, and deploying our software
● Work with cross-functional teams to assist with integration
● Assist with application deployments in our Cloud environments (AWS and Google Cloud).
● Partner closely with design and product to craft great product experiences
● Take full ownership of a feature from conception to launch
● Participate in peer code reviews and Agile development activities
● Work closely with QA to ensure quality of the product
● Be a champion for agile development, continue deployment and integration, elegant design, Teamwork
● 3+ years experience working in Back-End engineering and knowledge of working in a Node.JS or TypeScript environment.
● Experience writing Unit Tests utilizing a framework (Mocha/Chai, Expect, Jest, etc) and practicing Test Driven Development. Familiarity with Jest preferred.
● Experience working with NoSQL Databases and Real-time Document Stores. Ideally Firebase.
● Experience in working with and maintaining cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud preferred).
● Working understanding of Git.
● Proven understanding of object-oriented and functional design patterns
● Proven understanding of microservice architecture.
● Experience in client architecture and performance optimization tools in the mobile space.
● Good debugging and problem solving both individually and in a team.
● Excellent communication, and interaction skills; collaborating in a team environment.
● Experience working with monorepos, NodeJS, ReactJS, lerna, yarn workspaces, OAS(Swagger/OpenAPI), Docker, Istio, Kubernetes, Weave Flux, gRPC/protobuf, CircleCI,
● MS/MES in Computer Science or BSC or equivalent with 3+ yrs of experience.
Interested Applicants, please submit resume’s to:
email@example.com phone 410-785-5229 fax 410-785-5086