At AmTote, innovation drives us. We strive to create delightful digital experiences in the horse racing and gaming industry. This includes, pari-mutuel and fixed-odds wagering, casino style gaming, event booking and attendance, on-site food ordering, and loyalty and rewards programs
Company: AmTote International, Inc.
Location: 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Industry: Gaming Industry/Race Tracks - Computer Software, Entertainment
AmTote International is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to build a test automation framework for a large software project. The incumbent will analyze system functionality, develop a testing framework, and build automated acceptance tests in said framework as part of an AGILE SAFe software engineering team. The QA Engineer will spend time “building tests”, not “testing builds manually”; this is an engineering position, not a manual testing position.
Beyond development, the QA Engineer will serve as the quality advocate for the team, vetting requirements during design, breaking other engineers’ code via tests, and defining quality-related metrics by which to measure the code/feature base. QA Engineers also assist with architecture and design decisions, and collaborate with application engineers, product managers, stakeholders, designers, etc. as part of a communal development team. The Quality Engineer reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
If you have an attention to details and are driven to ensure an excellent gaming experience, we want to hear from you. Throughout AmTote we have satisfied employees, offer a positive work environment, encourage training & development and we have a strong team spirit giving employees a sense of unity.
• Serve as the Quality expert and enforce Quality processes and procedures as an embedded engineer on a Product team.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for infrastructure and back-end features (data layer through orchestration and backend API’s, little/no front-end testing responsibilities).
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities, including assisting the team with development estimates and release cadence.
• Design, develop and execute automated test suites (acceptance, performance, regression, load, compliance, security, and other suites) in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment.
• Identify, record, document and track bugs from inception through fix release.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. designers and product managers) to identify new system requirements in addition to vetting user stories during design/prototyping.
• Debug production issues and reproduce said issues in staging/pre-prod environments.
• Track quality assurance metrics (like feature test coverage, open defect counts, production error rates, etc.).
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• A “test to break” mentality; fault tolerance and performance are commanding heights on this project.
• Proven work experience in software development, specifically framework development.
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance, specifically automated test development.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Experience with white/clear/black box testing.
• Experience with API-level testing.
• Solid knowledge of scripting.
• Experience working in an AGILE development process.
• Possess a positive, collaborative, and forward-thinking attitude; improve the status quo via quality standards!
• Experience with Google Firebase.
• Experience with microservice architecture, and stateless/serverless applications.
• Experience with distributed source control (Git, Mercurial, or similar).
• Experience with containerized infrastructure (Docker/Dockerswarm, Kubernetes, or similar).
• Experience with Node or Typescript development.
• Experience using, Visual Studio, TFS and Microsoft Test Manager.
• Experience managing multi-system test environments, and their test data components.
• Game industry experience a large plus.
• 3 to 7 years experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Interested Applicants, please submit resume’s to:
email@example.com phone 410-785-5252 fax 410-785-5086